H.C.S Judicial Branch Examination
Eligibility : LLB
Location : Gurgaon
Last Date : 24 Apr 2017
Advertisement No. 6 of 2016 Date of Publication: 20.03.2017
H.C.S (Judicial Branch) Examination 2017 at Haryana Public Service Commission
The Haryana Public Service Commission invites online applications from eligible candidates for 109 posts (These vacancies are included newly created and existing vacancies) of Civil Judge (Junior Division) in the Haryana Civil Service (Judicial Branch) Examination - 2017.
Total No. of Posts : 109
Category/ No. of posts :
1. General -49 posts
2. Scheduled Castes of Haryana -14 posts
3. Backward Classes (A) of Haryana -08 posts
4. Backward Classes (B) of Haryana- 05 posts
5. Economically Backward Person in General Category -08 posts
6. Ex-Servicemen of Haryana- 16 posts
7. Physical Handicapped persons of Haryana - 09 posts
Essential Qualifications : No person shall be eligible to be appointed a Civil Judge (Junior Division) unless he holds a degree of Bachelor of Laws from a University established by the law and approved/recognized by the Bar Council of India. The expression Degree of Bachelor of Laws means a degree entitling a candidate to be enrolled as an Advocate under the Advocate Act, 1961, and the rules made there under.
Pay Scale : Rs. 27700-770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770
Age : Candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 42 years as on 24.04.2017 i.e. closing date.
Competitive Examination: The selection of suitable candidates for appointment in HCS (Jud. Branch) will be made by holding an examination. The examination shall be conducted in three stages namely:-
(i) Preliminary Examination
(ii) Main Examination
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination:
1) The Preliminary Examination shall be of objective type with multiple-choice questions as distinguished from the main written examination which shall be of subjective/narrative type. The OMR Sheets (Answer Sheets) will be scanned by Computer. So there is no provision of re-checking/re-evaluation of OMR Sheets.
2) The question paper for Preliminary Examination shall be of two hours duration. It shall consist of 125 questions and each question shall carry 04 marks and for every wrong answer 0.80 mark shall be deducted. There will, however, be no negative marking in respect of un-attempted questions.
3) The objective type multiple-choice question for the Preliminary Examination shall be from the syllabus for the Main Examination. The candidate shall be expected to have a general and basic over view of the main subjects and also the ability to answer questions on current events of national and international importance, Indian legal and constitutional history and governance. The candidate shall also be tested for his analytical skills, reasoning and aptitude. The standard of the question paper shall be of Law graduate level.
4) The object of the Preliminary Examination is to short list the candidates for the Main Examination. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the Main Examination unless he/she secured minimum 150 marks (read 100 marks for all reserved category candidates) in the Preliminary Examination. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be counted towards final result. Candidates equal to 10 times the number of vacancies advertised, selected in order of their merit in the respective categories shall become eligible to sit in the Main Written Examination. However, the number shall be subject to variation. If two or more candidates at the last number (the number at the end) get equal marks, then all of them shall be considered eligible to sit in the Main Examination, warranting the corresponding increase in the stipulated ratio.
Application Fees : The online application fees which is payable at all branches of State Bank of India or State Bank of Patiala, is as under:
1. (i) For Male candidates of General category including Dependent Son of Ex-Servicemen of Haryana. (ii) For Male candidates of General and all reserved categories of other States : Rs. 1000/-
2. (i) For all Female candidates of General category including Female Dependent of ESM of Haryana only. (ii) For Male & Female candidates of SC / BC-A&B / EBP(GC) / ESM categories of Haryana only. (iii) For Female candidates of General and all reserved categories of other States : Rs. 250/-
3. For all Physically Handicapped candidates (with at least 40% disability) categories of Haryana only : Nil
Hiring Process : Written-test, Telephonic Interview
Job Role: HR / Admin
Interested candidates should apply Online w.e.f. 20-03-2017 to 24-04-2017.